Bournemouth is a tourist town, with an extensive range of hotels, many of which are located close to the sea-side and pier. We recommend staying near the coast (or at least the Lansdowne campus) rather than staying close to the Talbot campus. We do not have any special offers or arrangements with any hotels, but can make some recommendations as to hotels which are suitable.
- Carlton Menzies (Conference Dinner location) and East Cliff Court Hotel: B&B incl Wifi & Parking, swimming pool
- East Cliff Court – £80 per room on single occupancy
- Carlton Menzies – £90 per room on single occupancy
- Bournemouth Marriott: B&B – £108 per night based on sole occupancy, £10 supplement for double occupancy
- Premier Inn, Bournemouth: £29 per month cheapest rate – limited availability, Online bookings only
Travel to Conference Venues
For travel advice relating to travel too and from the airport or train station, you can look at the Bournemouth University Travel Advice page. Below are some options for getting too and from the conference venues:
- We have organised a complimentary bus to and from the conference venues. The routes (with a map) of this bus is available here.
- We recommend the use of the U1 bus which runs between the town centre (Lansdowne Campus) and the Talbot campus hourly outside of term time. The timetable is available here – you need to be looking at the Vacation Timetable (towards the bottom).
- Alternatively, the Yellow bus number 6 runs from the centre of town, past the Business School (workshop venue), and then on to the Talbot Campus (conference venue). The timetable for this is available here. Note that this is a high frequency route unlike the U1, and costs approximately £2 for a single ticket.
- Bournemouth is well supplied by taxi services. The largest company is United Taxis, which can be reached on +44 (0) 1202 556677. Expect to pay between £5-10 for a ride from the town centre to the Talbot campus (depending on the time of day).