The EU’s 2020 Strategy sets the priority of moving to a more resource efficient, green and competitive economy. The LIFE programme has a long track record of innovative approaches for building a resource efficient Europe. This LIFE Focus publication aims to showcase how LIFE funding has generated a vast portfolio of know-how for a diverse range of beneficiaries and sectors: from LIFE Environment projects that have helped improve the resource efficiency of production processes to products that incorporate eco-design principles throughout their lifecycle. Other exemplary projects highlight approaches that can save water, reduce the negative impacts of transport, agriculture, fisheries and the food and beverage sector and lead to more energy-efficient buildings. The publication also shows how LIFE projects are helping to realise key EU policy goals such as better land use and planning, the development of green skills and Green Public Procurement. Todownload the publication, click here.
BU staff can login below:
Don’t miss a post!
Subscribe for the BU Research Digest, delivered freshly every day.
BU research Funding opportunities EU
- New midwifery paper by Dr. Jenny HallMarch 25, 2017
- Nepal conference at BUMarch 24, 2017
- Prof. Tim Rees – My publication story so far…March 24, 2017
- Dedicated Time and Space to Write…March 24, 2017
- What is FoMO and how do you deal with it?March 24, 2017
- *Book now* Research Application training- Spaces still available on the RKE Development Framework Pre-Award PathwayMarch 23, 2017
Search by Category
Search by popular post topics
AHRC BRIAN BUDI BU research CMMPH collaboration collaborative research conference congratulations dementia EPSRC ESRC EU Europe event Events Festival of Learning FP7 funding funding opportunities Fusion Fusion Investment Fund Health horizon 2020 HSC impact innovation knowledge exchange media midwifery Nepal nerc open access Prof. Edwin van Teijlingen proposal writing publication public engagement publishing ref research Research Councils research professional RKEO team social sciences training
- Physical Sciences Case studies: information use and discovery
- Information handling in collaborative research: an exploration of five case studies
- Information literacy monitoring and evaluation
- Data centres: their use, value and impact
- Heading for the open road: costs and benefits of transitions in scholarly communications