Through BU’s subscription to UKRO, we have been advised of the following news items, which represent a ‘mere taster’ of all the updates provided by UKRO to their members.
To make full use of BU’s subscription to this service, why not register now?
- Information Event: MSCA Individual Fellowships (IF) – Bristol on 23/5/17 and Liverpool on 05/05/17 – Register via the UKRO site with free places on a ‘first come, first served’ basis
- COFUND Info Day on 18/5/17 (afternoon only)
- TRIP (the Transport Research and Innovation Portal) is organising its fifth one-day stakeholder workshop, which will take place in Brussels on Wednesday 3 May 2017, and cover the subject of cleaner transport
- Slides are available from the Secure Societies Info Day
- UKRO will be hosting ERC Advanced Grants and Proof of Concept events in London on 18/05/17 and Manchester (Advanced Grants only) on 24/05/17 – Register via the UKRO site with free places on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Find out more about the European Research Council on their dedicated website and the support of the European Commission that they enjoy.
- The call for applications Supporting Member States in mainstreaming health promotion and disease prevention in health and educational settings has now opened. This call is implemented by CHAFEA, the European Commission’s Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency
- The European Commission is hosting an event – Smart Regions with Smart Robots: a winning formula on 10/05/17
- Framework Programme 9 (FP9)planning is well underway with public consultation expected in July 2017 – for further news, please refer to the UKRO website or contact RKEO. The recent European Parliament Report may also give indications of future direction.
- The European Institute of Innovation and Technology has announced plans to re-launch the competition for a new innovation community, EIT Manufacturing, at the same time as for EIT Urban Mobility in 2018
- As previously announced UKRO is incrementally making available the draft 2018 – 2020 Work Programmes. The draft for Horizon 2020 SC1 Health, wellbeing and demographic change and for the Defence Preparatory Action are additionally now available
- Resources regarding Gender, from a recent Science Europe, event are now available
- BEIS have released figures of UK participation in Horizon 2020. In terms of number of participations, the South West is one of the better performing regions after London, the South East, the East of England and Scotland, with their many internationally-recognised institutions
Please note: You will need to sign in or register, as a BU staff member, to access many of these items, as part of BU’s UKRO subscription. Links have only been given to resources in the public domain.
If considering applying to EU calls, please contact Emily Cieciura, RKEO’s Research Facilitator: EU & International, to access further support.