The UUK Concordat to Support Research Integrity provides a comprehensive national framework for good research conduct and its governance. It outlines five commitments which the University must be compliant with are. These are:
- Maintain the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research;
- Ensure that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards;
- Support a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers;
- Use transparent, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct should they arise;
- Work together to strengthen the integrity of research and to review process regularly and openly.
Each commitment outlines the responsibilities of the researcher, the employers of researchers and the funders of research.
- Research Ethics Code of Practice
- Research Misconduct Policy and Procedures
- Research Data Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- BU Risk Assessment Policy
- the Concordat to Support Research Integrity;
- and the UK Research Intrigrity Office’s Code of Practice;
- RCUK Policy and Guidelines on Governance of Good Research Conduct