Maximising the impact of your public engagement needs effective evaluation – master this essential skill with expert training.
Evaluation: developing your approach
Tuesday 26 November 2019, 09.00 – 13.00
EB703 Executive Business Centre, Lansdowne Campus
This interactive course will encourage you to think about why evaluation is important, look at ways to get started, explore different techniques you can use, and consider what your findings can tell you and your organisation or funder. We will cover the ways in which evaluation can be used to generate evidence for impact.
With an emphasis on how to conduct evaluation, join us for a programme of practical activities and discussion as together we demystify evaluation and find the fun in revealing and identifying your effectiveness.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- develop an awareness of the value and importance of evaluating public engagement.
- gain familiarity with the process of evaluation and the usefulness of planning.
- consider the uses of evaluation including improving activities; sharing good practice and reporting.
- begin to explore the issues and challenges of evaluating public engagement.
- continue to develop personal and professional skills, for example in communication, planning and critical reflection.
- increase confidence in evaluating public engagement activities.
- understand how evaluation ties in to impact.