Engage the public with your research, online. Achieving impact, choosing platforms, planning projects.
Meaningful Online Engagement
Wednesday 13 May 2020, 10:30 – 12.30 online
Online public engagement has leapt in significance recently. In this session, delivered by public engagement experts NCCPE, learn how to maximise the potential of online audiences and develop skills and knowledge that you can use right away and well into the future.
Meaningful online engagement provides an opportunity to consider if and how to translate your public engagement plans to an online context. Looking at purpose, people and process, the course provides an opportunity to think through;
- how to design your engagement
- top tips on how to ensure you and your participants get the most out of the engagement
- ideas for how to evaluate it
- exploring some case studies of practice
- how to apply the framework to your own work
You’ll also have the opportunity to book one-to-one advice sessions with the course leaders to help plan your online engagement work.
The session will be delivered through Blackboard Collaborate, an online learning and conferencing platform. You’ll be sent instructions on how to join the session after signing up. There will be opportunity for discussion and questions throughout the sessions, with a break in the middle.
How to book your place on this event
- Submit a request to attend this event (Meaningful Online Engagement) to your Head of Department or Deputy Head of Department using this Approval Request email template.
- Once attendance is approved, your HoD/DHoD should forward the email to Organisational Development (OD@bournemouth.ac.uk) and within 2 working days you will be sent an Outlook Calendar meeting request to confirm your booking.
Please note that Organisational Development/Research Development & Support are unable to process your booking without receiving the approval form. Attendance (and non-attendance) will be reported to Heads of Department on a regular basis.