Welcome to the award winning BU Research Blog!
Our research shapes and changes the world around us, providing solutions to real-world problems and informing the education we deliver.
Click here to view the full blog, or browse the categories below and with the menu above.
BU staff can login below:
Don’t miss a post!
Subscribe for the BU Research Digest, delivered freshly every day.
Funding opportunitiesView current funding opportunities »
- Government areas of research interest
- NERC Funding Announcement
- Innovate UK funding – precision medicine technologies
- Innovate UK funding – commercialising quantum devices
- Innovate UK Funding available – robotics and AI (ISCF)
- Exciting PhD studentship opportunity for an aspiring individual with an interest in older people’s health and wellbeing.
- Psychology event at Bournemouth University on 8th June: reducing sexual assaultResearchers in the Department of Psychology have been conducting several projects on ways to reduce sexual assault and evaluating campaigns... Read more »
- New Sociology book by BU’s Dr. Hyun-Joo LimCongratulations to Dr. Hyun-Joo Lim, Senior Lecturer in Sociology, on the publication of her book East Asian Mothers in Britain:... Read more »
- Dr Eliza Watt’s Contribution to the UN GGE 2015 Norms ProposalDr Eliza Watt Commended on Her Excellent Contribution to the Commentary on the UN Group of Government Experts 2015 cyber... Read more »
- How breathing slowly can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of serious health conditionsPerforming slow and deep breathing is frequently used to aid in relaxation, but recent research has suggested that it can... Read more »
- Government areas of research interestDid you know that government departments publish their areas of research interest? This is a guide to where research funds... Read more »
- Policy impact – it’s about the what and the who – the how comes laterI presented a session today on engaging with policy makers, part of a regular series of workshops that we run... Read more »