Welcome to the award winning BU Research Blog!
Our research shapes and changes the world around us, providing solutions to real-world problems and informing the education we deliver.
Click here to view the full blog, or browse the categories below and with the menu above.
BU staff can login below:
Don’t miss a post!
Subscribe for the BU Research Digest, delivered freshly every day.
Funding opportunitiesView current funding opportunities »
- Freshwater Taxonomy success!
- The importance of justifying yourself! Writing a Justification of Resources Session 12th October 2017 – last chance to book!
- UK Info day on Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge 5 – funding for cities, climate change
- AHRC-HERA_Public Spaces: Culture and Integration in Europe (HERA JRP PS)
- Interreg: Cross-Border Event on Natural & Cultural Heritage on 11th October 2017
- Research funding for behavioural insights in health care – New call from the Health Foundation
- Globalisation of the Wessex Portal thanks to HEIFOver the Summer of 2017, project manager Katie Thompson has been working to redesign and improve the Wessex Portal to... Read more »
- Freshwater Taxonomy success!Last week (11-15 September 2017) saw the successful delivery of the NERC-funded Advanced Training Course Freshwater Taxonomy and Field Identification... Read more »
- Should you involve patients and the public in your research? Patient and Public Involvement Session 17th October 2017Involving patients and the public in all stages of research is becoming increasingly important in order to secure research funding,... Read more »
- The importance of justifying yourself! Writing a Justification of Resources Session 12th October 2017 – last chance to book!Many people see the ‘Justification of Resources’ document as another thing to quickly pull together and tick off the list, after... Read more »
- Have you been unsuccessful with a grant application and don’t know what to do next? Don’t give up! Come to our session on ‘Confronting your unsuccessful application’ 15th November 2017Rejection is always hard to deal with, and with success rates for research grant applications as low as 10% for... Read more »
- REF 2021 workshops – what makes a 2*, 3* or 4* output?We have a series of externally-facilitated REF outputs workshops scheduled to take place in early 2018 as part of the RKE... Read more »