Many thanks to those of you who participated in this week’s briefing call. By way of follow up, please see the notes below:
- Do refer to the questions posed by UKRI looking for answers to specific research challenges – these can be found here: https://www.ukri.org/files/research-questions-for-covid-19/
- If you are looking for international partners, then our colleague Dr Alastair Morrison, would be delighted to assist. Please do contact him directly.
- If you are approaching other non HE business partners, please do keep Ehren Milner and Ian Jones (OVC) in the loop.
- With regards to developing work with respect to communications and C19, I would recommend speaking to An Nguyen/Einar Thorsen/Ann Hemingway/Dan Jackson/Darren Baines.
- We strongly recommend that your proposal is collaborative and rapidly (i.e. within weeks ideally) delivers societal/economic impact.
- Projects already can be funded here: https://www.ukri.org/research/coronavirus/covid-19-research-and-innovation-supported-by-ukri/ (although I would anticipate a shift in what is funded in-terms of needs of society as the pandemic progresses – and Research England have assured us they are looking for proposals not just from the Russell Group).
- If you are looking to connect with colleagues, I would recommend speaking to your Research Facilitator who can link you up with relevant colleagues – either with a bid in progress, or with a suitable knowledge base.
- It is worth getting updates from Research Professional if you are not already – this is one of the most rapidly evolving funding environments I’ve seen in 20 years of Higher Education!
A summary of where you can find out further information with respect to the calls discussed:
- HOT OFF THE PRESS:
- UKRI call: https://www.ukri.org/funding/funding-opportunities/ukri-open-call-for-research-and-innovation-ideas-to-address-covid-19/
- KTN Covid 19 funding round up: https://ktn-uk.co.uk/news/covid-19-funding-round-up
- Konfer, brokering platform: https://konfer.online/
- Government announcement pertaining to business led R&D: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/billion-pound-support-package-for-innovative-firms-hit-by-coronavirus
- If others would like to review the conversation/join the discussion group, please see the link here: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
With many thanks and best wishes