NETSCC is funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and was established at the University of Southampton in 2008.
UK government support for medical research is channelled primarily through the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and the Medical Research Council (MRC). Broadly speaking, the NIHR funds later-phase health research, which has the potential to influence the delivery of healthcare to patients, while the MRC supports basic and early clinical research. (http://www.netscc.ac.uk/)
NETSCC manages four evaluation research programmes:-
EME – Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation programme
Upcoming dates for EME
- Researcher-led workstream deadline for the next round: Friday 9 March 2012 (before 1pm)
- Commissioned workstream is now looking for research in Neurodegenerative disorders and myopathies and also Point of care tests. The deadline for applications is 13 February 2012 (before 1pm)
To find out more about EME, visit http://www.eme.ac.uk/index.asp
HTA – NIHR Health Technology Assessment programme
Upcoming dates for HTA
- Commissioned call for proposals now open: Deadline for application is Thursday 9 February 2012 by 1pm.
To find out more about HTA, visit http://www.hta.ac.uk/
PHR – NIHR Public Health Research programme
Upcoming dates for PHR
- Commissioned Research calls now open
- Creative enterprises in open access settings, deadline is 23 April 2012 by 1pm
- Newly licensed drivers, deadline is 23 April 2012 by 1pm
2. Researcher-led outline call closing date is 2 April 2012 at 1pm. Highlight notices include:
- Local Sustainable Transport Fund, deadline is 2 April 2012 at 1pm
- Evidence Synthesis, deadline is 2 April 2012 at 1pm.
For more information about PHR, please visit http://www.phr.nihr.ac.uk/
HS&DR – NIHR Health Services and Delivery Research programme (a merger of the existing programmes HSR and SDO)
Upcoming dates for HS&DR
- Researcher-led calls now open, deadline is 15 March 2012 by 1pm; 19 July 2012; and 15 November 2012.
- Commissioned-led, open date is February 2012, deadline is 17 May 2012 by 1pm.
For more information about HS&DR, please visit http://www.netscc.ac.uk/hsdr/
If you are interested in applying for any of these funding schemes, please get in touch with the RKE Ops Senior Officers:-
- Jennifer Roddis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for The School of Health and Social Care; The Business School
- Paul Lynch (email@example.com) for Design, Engineering and Computing; School of Tourism
- Shelly Maskell (firstname.lastname@example.org) for The Media School; School of Applied Sciences