RDS Academic & Researcher Induction
This event provides an overview of all the practical information staff need to begin developing their research plans at BU, using both internal and external networks; to develop and disseminate research outcomes; and maximising the available funding opportunities.
- The primary aim of this event is to raise participants’ awareness of how to get started in research at BU or, for more established staff, how to take their research to the next level
- To provide participants with essential, practical information and orientation in key stages and processes of research and knowledge exchange at BU
The induction day will be interactive and give you the opportunity to meet your faculty-facing RDS support, as well as those responsible for strategy, outputs, ethics, impact, public engagement and knowledge exchange. The videos will provide:
- An overview of research at BU and how RDS can help/support academic staff
- The importance of horizon-scanning, signposting relevant internal and external funding opportunities and clarifying the applications process
- How to manage an awarded project and the BU processes
- How to develop internal and external research networks
- Key points on research ethics and developing research outputs
Book your place here under ‘RDS Academic & Researcher Induction 27/03/2024’ in the drop-down menu.