Just a reminder that the deadline for this is coming up at the end of January 2013 if colleagues are interested in visiting potential partner universities in Europe. The main objective of the action is to help higher education institutions (HEI) to establish contacts with prospective partner institutions with a view to establishing:
• New inter-institutional agreements (not renewals) relating to student and/or staff mobility
• Erasmus Intensive Programmes;
• Erasmus student placements;
• Erasmus networks;
• Erasmus multilateral projects;
• Erasmus accompanying measures.
The preparatory visit grant may be used to visit:
• Either one or more prospective partner higher education institutions (the visited HEIs do not need to have an EUC);
• Or an enterprise or organisation.
Preparatory visit grants may also be used to participate in a partner-finding “contact seminar” organised by a National Agency. In addition, preparatory visit grants may be awarded to enterprises or other organisations for the purpose of helping them to establish consortia for the organisation of Erasmus student placements. Usually a grant is awarded to just one person per visit, but in exceptional cases two staff from the same institution can be awarded a grant to undertake a visit together. Only one visit per potential project will be funded.
- PV mobilities can take place any time from now up until April 2013
- The British Council must receive the application 6 weeks prior to the date of departure.
- Minimum duration – 1 day
- Maximum Duration – 5 days
- All activities must end by 30 April 2013 at the latest.
- Application deadline – 31 January
To apply, you need to complete the Erasmus PV Application Form. There is also a Erasmus PV Resource Pack to help you and more information is available on the British Council website . You can send also any queries relating to Preparatory visits by email.