Back in April 2011 we launched the BU Open Access Publication Fund. This is a dedicated central budget that has been launched in response to, and in support of, developments in research communication and publication trends. The fund is also to support research in complying with some of the major funding bodies who have introduced open access publishing requirements as a condition of their grants.
The fund is available for use by any BU author ready to submit a completed article for publication who wishes to make their output freely and openly accessible.
If you are interested in applying to the fund then you need to email Pengpeng Hatch in RKEO with the following information:
- Name of the open access publication
- Confirmation this will be a peer reviewed paper
- A short justification (1 paragraph) of why it is beneficial for your research article to be published open access
- The cost of the open access publication
- Likely publication date
- Likely REF Unit of Assessment (UOA)
- A copy of the paper
If you have any questions about the Fund then please direct them to Pengpeng via email.
Further information: BU Open Access Fund policy