The Centre for Politics and Media Research in the Faculty of Media & Communication, Bournemouth University welcomes interest from recently qualified post-doctoral researchers to come and work in the Centre as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research Fellow.
Research projects of interest are:
- Political talk and the online public sphere
- Global citizenship, public engagement with global affairs and political participation (particularly engagement via digital media)
- The media framing of politics and its impacts
- The politics of public space
- Extremist politics, security and social cohesion, fundamentalism, freedom of speech
Specialist skills training we can offer at Bournemouth University:
- Quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Web platform and social media data capture and analysis
- Mass media data capture and analysis
- Psychological and sociological approaches to the study of politics
- Consumer behaviour/psychology approaches to the study of political participation
Full details about the call can be found at the below link.
Initial expressions of interest should be sent to the Centre Director, Dr Darren Lilleker (email@example.com) including a summary of the proposed research project and accompanying curriculum vitae.
The planned opening of the call is April 12th 2016 with a submission deadline of 14th September 2016.