Are you working with a business that would be interested in this funding opportunity? Research organisations can participate as project collaborators. (The level of total research participation is set at a maximum of 30% of total eligible project costs.)
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £15 million to deliver transformational innovations with potential for impact on the UK economy.
The competition is now live and open to the best business-led, innovative or disruptive ideas or concepts. These can be drawn from any technology, engineering or industrial area. This area can be one that fits into, or be outside of, any one or more of Innovate UK’s 4 priority sectors for growth. (Emerging and Enabling Technologies, Health and Life Sciences, Infrastructure Systems, Manufacturing and Materials.)
To be in scope, a proposal must:
- demonstrate transformational or disruptive innovation leading to novel, new products, processes or services
- articulate a clear, anticipated growth and commercialisation impact for the business(es) with considerable, demonstrable (as you would set out in a pitch to any serious investor) potential to lead to a significant return on investment (ROI)
Priority will be given to proposals that are likely to lead to sustainable gains in productivity and/or access to new overseas markets through export-led business growth.
To lead a project you must:
- be a UK-based business
- be a business of any size
- carry out your project in the UK
- work alone or in collaboration with others (businesses, research base and third sector) – this could be BU
For more information click here for:
- Competition brief
- Competition guidance
- About Innovate UK
- Innovate UK Delivery Plan including sector information
or more information on knowledge exchange at BU contact Jayne Codling within RKEO.