Innovate UK is to invest up to £8 million in projects that develop new digital technology solutions to healthcare challenges.
This competition is being run under the digital health technology catalyst, which is part of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. The aim is to support the development of digital health products that meet NHS needs. It is a new £35 million funding programme over 4 years.
Innovate UK are seeking feasibility or development projects that advance digital health or digitally-enabled medical technologies. These should:
- improve patient outcomes, such as through better clinical decision-making and supporting them to manage their own care
- offer new approaches to healthcare that transform its delivery
- reduce the demand on the health system, make it more efficient and create savings
- the competition opens on 31 July 2017, and the deadline for registrations is 4 October 2017
- feasibility studies can range from £50,000 to £75,000 and last up to one year
- industrial research and experimental development projects can range from £500,000 to £1 million and last up to 3 years
- you can work alone or in collaboration with other organisations, but projects must be led by a UK-based SME
- you could get up to 70% of your eligible project costs
- projects must start by 1 February 2018
You can find more information and apply to the call here.
Innovate UK are holding a briefing webinar for applicants on Tuesday 1st August at 10:00am. To register click here.