The Wessex REACH Initiative was formally launched in the summer and their first newsletter can be found here.
Wessex REACH are offering a small amount of funding to groups of researchers who wish to create a space for thinking, connecting and problem solving with their peers. By coming together in face-to-face peer group meetings, research ideas and local problems can be discussed, common challenges and possible solutions can be shared and learn from one another. Whether you want to meet for afternoon tea away from the office a few times a year or fund a grant writing away day or any other creative solution that suits your group, they are interested in receiving your applications.
Who is eligible?
Anyone currently working in healthcare, social care or in healthcare-related research in Wessex.
How much is available?
Each group can apply for up to £500 to be used over a 1 year period. They are aiming to fund up to 4 groups in the first round. All applications will be reviewed by the Wessex REACH Steering Group and successful applicants notified early in 2022.
How to apply?
Send a short summary (up to 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 December 2021. This summary should include the following information, which will be used in the shortlisting process:
- Contact details for your group or an expression of interest in being part of a group in your area
- Your reasons for applying and how the award will help to build research capacity in your group
- Your planned event(s)/activity
- What your group is hoping to achieve and how it aligns with building research capacity in the Wessex region
- What facilitation support, if any, you would like from the Wessex REACH Exec Committee (https://www.wessexreach.org.uk/meet-the-team )
- Requested total budget
If you would like to discuss your eligibility or plans prior to applying please contact Beth Stuart (email@example.com)