What is HE-BCI?
What do you need to report?
- public lectures & talks
- performance arts (music, dance, drama etc)
- exhibitions (galleries, museums etc)
- museum education
- media engagement (TV/radio interviews, podcasts etc)
Key data required
We collect a wide range of data via the SharePoint site which is used for additional external and internal reporting, e.g. Knowledge Exchange Framework, HEIF Monitoring Statement and Athena Swan. For the purposes of the HE-BCI survey, you must record:
- event dates – to ensure eligibility
- whether the event or activity was free or chargeable
- the number of attendees (or views/visitors)
- the amount of staff time in hours needed for delivery.
If this data is not available, we will not be able to include the event in the return.
For the 2023 HE-BCI return, the eligible dates are 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2022.
The SharePoint site provides details about which data is collected and how, including calculating attendee numbers and staff time, and reporting online activities and multiple related events. If you have any further questions about the HE-BCI return, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.