Social media offers the opportunity to get your research seen by millions, gain valuable insights and facilitate real involvement. However, there are also challenges and dangers.
Sign up for our new training session for BU researchers, part of the RKEDF, ‘Using social media to engage the public with your research‘, to learn how navigate the rapidly changing online world of social media for the best results.
|Using social media to engage the public with your research||Tuesday, 21st June 2022||14:00 – 15:00||Online|
In this session, you’ll learn:
- The key social media platforms you should know about, and how to use them
- What social media could do for you and your research
- Best practice – and common pitfalls – when communicating online
- How to find your ‘voice’ and to portray the right image on social media
- How social media can enable genuine two-way engagement and collaboration with the public
- How to define, measure and evaluate the success of your social media engagement.
This session is aimed at academics at any level.
How to sign up
In the workshop booking form, select the session ‘Using social media to engage the public with your research‘ from the dropdown list, enter your details and you’ll get an invitation by email.