Whether you are a new supervisor, you plan to be one, or you have experience but are new to Bournemouth University, this development workshop is for you.
The workshop, which is mandatory for new supervisors, offers the necessary knowledge to supervise Postgraduate Research students by placing this knowledge within both the internal and external regulatory framework.
This workshop will cover the following key areas:
- Nature and scope of doctoral study and the role of a supervisor
- Code of Practice for Research Degrees at BU, its purpose and operation
- Monitoring, progression, completion and process of research degrees at BU
- Importance of diversity, equality and cultural awareness
- Student recruitment and selection
- Keeping students on track: motivation and guidance
Book your place onto one of the Doctoral Supervision: New Supervisors Development workshops below. Further details about this workshop can also be found on the staff intranet.
|Thursday 20 October 2022||10:00 – 14:30||Online||Book|
|Thursday 24 November 2022||10:00 – 14:30||Online||Book|
|Thursday 23 February 2023||10:00 – 14:30||Talbot Campus||Book|
|Wednesday 22 March 2023||10:00 – 14:30||Lansdowne Campus||Book|
|Tuesday 16 May 2023||10:00 – 14:30||Talbot Campus||Book|