Dr. Paul de Vrieze had the honor of serving as an international scientific expert in a panel discussion on “Research Challenges for Resilient and Responsible Collaborative Networks” at PRO-VE 2023, which took place on September 28, 2023. In collaboration with Dr. Lai Xu, Dr. de Vrieze shared insights into the scientific challenges surrounding resilient and responsible collaborative networks.
Our research, conducted as part of the EU FIRST project, uncovered critical areas where businesses and organisations face challenges in adapting to the digital landscape. Despite the increasing digitisation of interactions and the transformation of informal collaborations into collaborative networks, SMEs still lack a comprehensive digital understanding and capability.
Our perspective on the scientific challenges in achieving more resilient and responsible collaborative networks includes:
- How to effectively measure the resilience, execution, performance, and environmental impacts of collaborative networks?
- Strategies for monitoring and enforcing invariants within collaborative networks.
- Leveraging prediction and simulation techniques to enhance system quality.
- Bridging the gap between laboratory-based collaborative networks and practical implementation.
- Ensuring the security of collaborative networks in an increasingly digital world.
During the PRO-VE 2023 conference, Dr. de Vrieze also presented our work on “Securing Collaborative Networks: Requirements for Supporting Secured Collaborative Processes.” This research aims to address the vital need for securing collaborative processes within these dynamic networks.