Last week Research Councils UK (RCUK) published its new delivery plan. The plan sets out the programme of collective activities for the period 2011-2015, building on the strategic objectives set out in the RCUK Strategic Vision.
The collective work that the Research Councils do as RCUK will cover two broad areas: delivering excellence with impact and enhancing efficiency.
The RCUK programme, detailed in the Delivery Plan, contributes to:
- Co-ordinating multidisciplinary research to address societal challenges
- Maximising the impact of the research funded by Research Councils
- Supporting research in the international context
- Ensuring a continued pipeline of highly skilled researchers for the sustained health of the research base, and for wider economic and societal benefit
- Engaging the public with the research.
Collaboration and multidisciplinary research will continue to be supported through the six cross-Council themes:
- Digital Economy
- Global Food Security
- Global Uncertainties
- Lifelong Health and Wellbeing
- Living with Environmental Change
Research Councils will also work collectively to both improve the efficiency of their own operations and drive enhanced efficiency in the wider research base.
For further information read the full RCUK Delivery Plan.