Back in April it was announced that BU would be launching an Open Access Publication Fund in August 2011 (see the previous blog post here: BU’s open access publication fund to go live!).
Therefore, as of today BU officially operates a dedicated central Open Access Publication Fund (OAPF), launched in response to, and in support of, developments in research communication and publication trends. The fund is also to support research in complying with some of the major funding bodies who have introduced open access publishing requirements as a condition of their grants.
The fund is available for use by any BU author ready to submit a completed article for publication who wishes to make their output freely and openly accessible.
If you are interested in applying to the fund then you need to email Julie Northam in the Research Development Unit with the following information:
- Name of the open access publication
- Confirmation this will be a peer reviewed paper
- A short justification (1 paragraph) of why it is beneficial for your research to be published in this particular open access publication
- The cost of the open access publication
- Likely publication date
- Likely REF Unit of Assessment (UOA)
- A copy of the paper
If you have any questions about the new OAPF then please direct them to me via email.