The ‘Institutional Human Resources Strategy Group’ was launched in 2009 to support the take-up of Charter and Code principles by employers and funders of researchers in Europe. The aim of the group is to provide a platform for the exchange of experiences and mutual support in the implementation of the ‘HR Strategy for Researchers incorporating the Charter and Code.’ So far, two cohorts incorporating 95 organisations has participated in the group. The Commission is now drawing up a list of candidates for the third cohort. It will have its first meeting in January 2012. This is expected to be followed by two more meetings in 2013.
The HR Strategy comprises five steps:
- An internal gap analysis by the individual organisation involving key stakeholders and in particular researchers;
- The development and publication of an institutional HR strategy for researchers and an action plan detailing how the institution will respond to the gaps identified;
- Acknowledgement of progress by the Commission
- Self-assessment of progress after at most two years;
- External analysis after at most four years.
If you are interested in joining the group, contact the Commission giving contact details and a short paragraph explaining the motivation for joining the group by September 29th.