The first closing date for the BU Research Development Fund – Small Grants Scheme (RDF-SGS) is 31 October 2011.
The scheme is open to all BU academics and will provide selective support to research initiatives considered to be of strategic importance to BU. Funding of up to £2k per award is available and priority will be given to applications involving staff from two or more Schools.
Examples of research activities covered by the RDF-SGS include:
- Pilot projects
- Interview transcription
- Visiting major libraries, museums, other research institutions, etc.
- Organisation of an academic conference at BU with external participants
- Attendance at external networking events leading to collaborative research proposals
- Meetings with external organisations to establish collaborations
- Preparation of specialist material or data
- Short-term Research Assistant support or replacement teaching
- Research consumables and equipment (providing it is clear these would not normally be purchased by the School)
To apply for a Small Grant, please complete the RDF-SGS application form and submit it to Susan Dowdle before 31 October 2011.
For further information on the BU Research Development Fund see our previous blog post (Launch of the BU Research Development Fund). You can also read the Research Development Fund Policy.