The next round of the internal small grants scheme closes this month on 28th February. The scheme provides up to £2000 per application for direct costs.
Examples of research activities covered by the RDF include:
- Pilot projects
- Interview transcription
- Visiting major libraries, museums, other research institutions, etc.
- Organisation of an academic conference at BU with external participants
- Attendance at external networking events leading to collaborative research proposals
- Meetings with external organisations to establish collaborations
- Preparation of specialist material or data
- Short-term Research Assistant support or replacement teaching
- Research consumables and equipment (providing it is clear these would not normally be purchased by the School)
This list is not exhaustive; applications can be for other expenses providing it is clear how the funding will benefit research at BU.