Horizon 2020 is the replacement of FP7 – Europe’s largest funding programme, managed by the European Commission (EC). In 2014, FP7 will end and Horizon 2020 will be the primary mechanism through which to seek EC funding.
A confidential draft paper was released this week which details the proposed direction of Horizon 2020. Every day next week I will post important summaries of sections of the document most relevant to you so you can get a head start on preparing for Horizon 2020:
- Monday covers the rationale behind Horizon 2020
- Tuesday will detail the 3 funding priority areas of Horizon 2020
- Wednesday will outline funding proposed in the most relevant funding area for BU staff; ‘Societal Challenges’
- Thursday details proposals for the Marie Curie Programme throughout Horizon 2020
- Friday outlines the proposals for simplification of the rules and regulations of EC funding
- BU is the only University in the UK who has summarised this document and will disseminate it to their staff, so make sure you take full advantage of this information!