A new service helping NMP project partners take their research to market has been launched by the EC.
Partners in Nanosciences, Nanotechnologies, Materials and new Production Technologies (NMP) projects can now make use of a new service offering help in to bridging the gap between research outcomes and exploitation. A range of tailored services, provided by Commission-approved consultants, is available. The services are:
- Project Risk Analysis (PRA) to identify the risks and potential obstacles to the future exploitation of project results;
- Exploitation Strategy Seminars (ESS) to brainstorm on how a consortium can address the risks and potential obstacles identified in the PRA;
- Business plan development service to assist partners with this crucial step towards exploitation;
- Assistance for patenting to support the partners with the writing, filing and legal follow-up of patents; and
- Assistance for standardisation to help partners to exploit project results that can benefit from the development of standards.
NMP project partners can request the services listed above. If the request is validated by the Commission, these services are provided by exploitation strategy and innovation consultants for free and under confidentiality agreement.