Are you keen to engage the public with your research, but don’t know where to begin? Then this event is for you! Taking place on 11th September at University of Birmingham, the workshop will:
- “Explore how public engagement can benefit you, your research, research funders and the public with whom you engage
- Discover the huge range of activities you can use to engage the public with your research
- Investigate the needs of different publics, explore potential engagement barriers, and identify solutions for overcoming them
- Explore methods for evaluating the impact and success of public engagement activities.
- Put your knowledge and skills into action to design and plan a public engagement activity.
- Examine which public engagement activities complement your current skills and what will help you develop your skills further
- Learn how to take the next steps in finding public engagement contacts and opportunities
- Collaborate with peers from a range of disciplines across the Midlands”
Alternatively, if you are already planning to attend, we would love to hear your reflections on the workshop and how we can further support your public engagement activities. Again, please contact Becca.