The ESRC are looking to appoint new members to its committees and grant assessment panels. Find out below how you can get involved.
ESRC committee appointments 2015
ESRC have recently undertaken a review of their current structure of committees to ensure that they are well placed to deliver the commitments outlined in their Strategic Plan 2015.
As a result of these changes they are inviting applications from suitably experienced persons to be members of their renewed and modified Research Committee and their Capability Committee.
The new committees will enable them to deliver:
- enhanced horizon scanning to identify their focused priorities and opportunities for innovation – within social science and boundaries of other science areas
- more integrated thinking and advice about priorities, across all areas of activity
- better use of evidence in decision making
- improved administrative efficiency.
For further information on the vacancies, please see the vacancy specification. For questions or queries that are not covered in the vacancy specification, please email: email@example.com
Application forms, with a short curriculum vitae (no longer than two A4 pages) and a supporting statement from a suitable referee, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17.00 on 24 April 2015.
An induction day for new members is planned for 9 July 2015, and applicants are requested to hold this date in their diaries pending the outcome of the recruitment process.
Grants Assessment Panel (GAP) recruitment
ESRC are currently recruiting for GAP members, as well as a chair for Panel A.
- Appointment details (PDF, 47Kb)
- Online application form
- Equal opportunities monitoring form (optional)
- Further information on the Grants Assessment Panels
Closing date for all applications is 17.00 on 8 May 2015.