Over the last few decades, tourism as a sector, has expanded and grown to become a key economic driver across the globe. Bournemouth University plays a leading role in mapping trends in tourism and assisting governments and businesses in anticipating future changes and helping them to adapt new situations. Over the coming months, BU’s Professor Dimitrios Buhalis will be chairing two international conferences to further research in tourism.
The first, organised by European Tourism Unit / European Centre of Excellence (University of Athens), with the support of BU will explore the following key issues:
- Agile/Smart Tourism Marketing
- Crisis Management and Continuity
- Sustainability/ Responsibility
- Accessibility/ Inclusion / Third Age
- Education/Training/ Professionalism /Certification
- Sustainable Development
- Competitive Marketing in Tourism
- Cultural Heritage Tourism
- Medical/Thermal/ Wellness and Fitness/Sports Tourism
- Strategic Tourism Management
The conference brings together experts from across the field to discuss cutting edge issues in the study of tourism.
The second, to be held in October by the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, will focus on a wide range of issues, including tourism, travel, leisure and hospitality management. More details about the conference, including how to attend and submit a paper can be found here.