Staff are now invited to apply for a place at the Knowledge Transfer Partnerships Academic Development Scheme (KTPADS).
What is KTP?
A KTP is part-funded by the government and the aim of this scheme is to encourage collaboration on projects between businesses and academics. KTP had previously been called the Teaching Company Scheme (TCS), though a rebrand a decade ago saw the TCS become KTP. KTP is managed by Innovate UK and provides benefits to all parties involved – this scheme offers a fusion of academic and industry collaboration supported by an associate (graduate).
What is to benefit to me?
KTP is an excellent way of bringing in income and developing knowledge exchange with a clear pathway to impact.
Key benefits of KTP are as follows:
- Facilitates research impact
- Increases research funding, including supervision time for the Knowledge Base Supervisor (academic) to the Associate (graduate), this time averages at half a day a week
- Contributes to the University’s REF submission
- Improve links with industry partners
- Apply knowledge to innovative business-critical project
- Raise your profile among colleagues/the Institution
How do I apply?
To apply for a place on the scheme, please compete this application form and send to Rachel Clarke before the application deadline on Sunday 22nd November. This form will need to be signed by yourself and your Line Manager. Applications open on Monday 9th November and close at midnight on Sunday 22nd November.
If you would like to discuss this scheme, please contact Rachel Clarke, Knowledge Exchange Adviser (KTP) on 01202 961347 or firstname.lastname@example.org