The deadline for proposals for the Festival of Learning is 31st January. Proposals cannot be submitted beyond this date. We want to be able to showcase the best of what we do here at BU, which means we are looking for proposals from as many colleagues as possible. If you have not submitted a proposal as yet, there is still time – just!
Think of an idea for an event that demonstrates your research – will it be innovating and interesting to members of the public? Watch our video from 2015 for some inspiration.
- Decide if you want your event to be a bookable event that people can sign up for or whether you’d like a run a stall or drop in activity instead (i.e. an activity based on passing traffic rather than pre-bookings)
- Consider who you want to be your target audience (adults, families, businesses etc.)
- Consider whether your event meets the Festivals objectives, what you plan to do during the event, how it will appeal to your intended audience and what your attendees will get out of attending the event.
- Complete the Festival of Learning event application before January 31st 2016: see here (We are unable to accept late proposals due to the tight turn around between the call closing and review by the panel.)
If you would like to discuss an idea in more detail, please call/ email Naomi Kay (Public Engagement Officer) 61342/ firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more detailed information about submitting a proposal.
– See more at: http://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/2015/12/07/find-out-how-to-submit-your-festival-of-learning-2016-proposal/#sthash.v33ZvKen.dpuf