VOOM 2016 takes place over 14 weeks, including a huge public vote, a 29-hour Pitchathon (a Guinness World Records attempt, in fact), and a series of competitive face-to-face workshops.
Competition finalists will have the opportunity to pitch to Richard Branson and the six winning businesses will share over £1 million (€1.2 million) in prizes, plus additional support.
There are two categories:
- START-UP – aimed at early stage start-up businesses
- GROW – for businesses with revenue that are looking to grow
The winner of each category will receive social and PR support, a broadband and telecoms package, a carriage wrap on Virgin Trains, mentoring, financial advice, a £50,000 (€60,000) cash prize and much more. There are also prize packages for four runners up.
Crowdfunder are offering you the chance to run a crowdfunding campaign on top of (and as an integral part of) your competition entry. So while you are working hard to secure public support for your entry, you could also raise money at the same time.
The competition also allows you to put yourself forward for awards within your category:
- The Impact Award – for businesses that put social and environmental impact, as well as profit, at the heart of their business
- The Great Award – for businesses that fly the flag for Great Britain
- The Crowdfunder Award – for those businesses that run a crowdfunding campaign in parallel with their competition entry
Public vote opens: 5 April 2016
Applications close: 10 May 2016
Voting closes: 23 May 2016
Find out more at https://www.vmbvoom.com