Are you working with a business that may be interested in this funding opportunity?
Businesses can apply for a share of £4.5 million for innovation projects that develop smarter, better connected 3D printing solutions.
Innovate UK is investing up to £4.5 million in industrial research projects that will stimulate innovation in additive manufacturing, also known as 3D printing.
Additive manufacturing is a well-established tool for rapid prototyping and tooling. It can provide direct production of end-use components and consumer goods. These can be in a wide variety of global market sectors – from medical devices to aerospace.
Businesses can apply for funding to help them explore and develop their wider digital manufacturing capability. Projects must show a significant innovation step in both additive manufacturing and connected digital manufacturing.
- the competition opens on 23 May 2016
- applicants must register before noon on 20 July 2016
- a UK-based business must lead the project and work with at least one other business
- businesses could receive up to 70% of their project costs for industrial research
- we expect projects to last between 1 and 3 years
- we expect total eligible project costs for each project to be between £500,000 and £1.5 million
- there will be a briefing event for potential applicants in London on 7 June 2016