Industrial strategy themes – selection underway
Innovate UK and the research councils are seeking feedback from researchers and entrepreneurs on a number of areas that have been earmarked to receive support from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
. Workshops across the UK are running during January at which time feedback will be requested.
Areas that are likley to be supported to begin with include:
- bioscience and biotechnology
- healthcare and medicine
- manufacturing processes and materials
- energy technologies including battery storage and grid technologies
- satellite and space technologies
- quantum technologies
- robotics and artificial intelligence
- transformative digital technologies
Another two themes are also being considered:
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is expected to publish a green paper on the industrial strategy, which covers the fund, in the week beginning 23 January.