Do you know or work with a promising early career scientist? If so, why not nominate them for an Award Lecture at the British Science Festival 2018!
The Award Lectures aim to promote open and informed discussion on issues involving science and encourage scientists to explore the social aspects of their research. Previous Award Lecturers include the likes of Maggie Aderin-Pocock and Brian Cox.
Awards are available in seven different areas:
- Margret Mead: Social Sciences
- Isambard Kingdom Brunel: Engineering, Technology and Industry
- Charles Lyell: Environmental Sciences
- Charles Darwin: Agricultural, Biological and Medical Sciences
- Rosalind Franklin: Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Daphne Oram: Digital Innovation
- Jacob Bronowski: Science and the Arts
The selected lecturers will receive an all expenses paid trip to the British Science Festival in Hull to present their talk as well as a £250 honorarium and an invitation to the Festival dinner.
To find out more information and apply, click here. Deadline for applications are 9am 2nd January 2018.