If you need help with your research application and can meet certain criteria, then you may be eligible to receive support from one of our External Application Reviewers (EARs).
With a new and simplified process, you can request this when you submit your Intention to Bid form, and you meet at least one of the following conditions:
- The application is to a prestigious funder (UK research councils, Wellcome Trust, Leverhulme Trust, British Academy, Royal Society, NIHR and EU Horizon 2020)
- The application is to a strategically important funding call, including those in the BU2025 Strategic Investment Areas
- NERC Standard Grants
- One-off calls for multi-million pound bids (such as AHRC’s Creative Clusters Programme and Research England’s E3 call)
- The applicant is a member of the BU Research Council Development Scheme and is applying to a UK Research Council call
- The applicant is an ECR and is applying to a prestigious funder
Your Research Facilitator will then be in contact to discuss your needs. Approval will need to be given both by RKEO and your department before an EAR is appointed to support you.
If you do not meet the above conditions, help may still be available in certain circumstances. Additionally, certain calls may be eligible for external support from other sources. – please discuss these with your Research Facilitator.
Please note that this is an application reviewing service; the EARs will not write your bid for you.