We were delighted to welcome visitors from the British Academy on Tuesday, 10th September 2019.
With over 40 in attendance, BU academics heard updates on all the British Academy funding opportunities and guidance on how to increase their potential for success. Our visitors also met with 10 academics for one to one discussions of their funding aspirations. All found their meetings invaluable and colleagues in Research Development and Support (RDS) look forward to supporting them with their future applications to a variety of British Academy funding schemes.
Presentations were given by five British Academy award holders at Bournemouth University:
- Jayne Caudwell : Safe Swim: Supporting physical activity and wellbeing for transgender young people.
- Janice Denegri-Knott : Digital Possessions in the Family.
- Daisy Fan : Towards a Better Quality of Life: Value Co-Creation in Leisure with the Active Elderly.
- Xun He : Judging overall mood of a crowd: how does the brain rapidly perceive an average emotion from multiple faces?
- John Oliver : Investigating the culture of chronically under performing firms: past, present and future.
The slides from the visit are available to BU staff within the Research and Knowledge Exchange Development Framework (RKEDF) area on Brightspace.
If you would like to discuss an application to the British Academy, or any other funder, please contact your faculty’s RDS team.
There are many more RKEDF events planned for the coming year – find out more!