Last year BU established a number of internal review panels to review and assess our research outputs and impact case studies to help us prepare for our upcoming submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
The panels below would like to add to their membership. Expressions of interest are invited from academic staff who are interested in being a Panel Member for the following Units of Assessment (UOAs):
- UOA 3 – Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy. UOA Leader – Prof Edwin van Teijlingen
- UOA 11 – Computer Science and Informatics. UOA Leader – Prof. Hamid Bouchachia
- UOA 12 – Engineering. UOA Leader – Prof. Zulfiqar Khan
- UOA 14 – Geography and Environmental Studies. UOA Leader – Dr Philippa Gillingham
- UOA 17 – Business and Management. UOA Leader – Dr Chris Chapleo
- UOA 20 – Social Work and Social Policy. UOA Leader – Prof. Jonathan Parker
- UOA 24 – Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism. UOA Leaders – Prof. Tim Rees & Prof. Adam Blake
Those interested should identify which UOA Panel they would like to be considered for and put forward a short case (suggested length of one paragraph) as to why they are interested in the role and what they think they could bring to it. EoIs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of play on 21st January 2020.
UOA Teams would particularly welcome EoIs from those who have:
- Experience reviewing for previous REF stocktake exercises
- Experience in editorship
- Experience peer review
Full details of the role, the process of recruitment and terms of reference for the panels themselves can be found here.
Any queries regarding a specific panel should be directed to the UOA Leader. General enquiries should be directed to Shelly Anne Stringer, RDS.