HEIF small grants fund open for applications
Bournemouth University has a small amount of funding available to facilitate and enhance research and development collaboration with external partners. The purpose of the funding is to:
- Enhance external collaborative engagements with industry partners to further the development of innovative projects
- Increase the amount of available funds for research undertaken collaboratively with external partners with a view to starting a project or progressing a projects towards patent innovations, enhance technology readiness levels and/or commercialisation
- Encourage future funding bids (such as from Innovate UK) with external partners
The fund can be used flexibly, providing a strong case can be made and the assessment criteria are met. Funding could be used to fund travel, consumables or event costs etc., but all funding will need to be spent by 31 July of the academic year that you apply to.
The fund is open to all researchers across Bournemouth University, including those who are already working with industry partners and those who would like to build up new networks. In particular, the panel would welcome the following types of applications:
- Small travel grants of up to £500 to help facilitate relationship development with organisations (this could be travelling to potential partner sites or networking/funding briefing events)
- Projects of up to £5,000 which will either facilitate new relationships with external partners or build on existing research collaborations with external partners, support initial prototyping, project/product feasibility and/or market research
The Panel will not fund – applications relating to conferences.
Due to the nature of this fund, we particularly welcome applications from Early Career Researchers (ECRs).
To apply, please read the application form (HEIF small project application form) and FAQs [general HEIF FAQs can be found I/RDS/Public/HEIF 6]. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com
If you have any questions about your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadlines for this fund are at noon on 18th March 2020, 15th April 2020 and 20th May 2020.
BU’s Research Principles
The following funding panels operate to prioritise applications for funding and make recommendations to the Research Performance and Management Committee (RPMC).
There are eight funding panels:
- HEIF Funding Panel
- GCRF Funding Panel
- Research Impact Funding Panel
- Doctoral Studentship Funding Panel
- ACORN Funding Panel
- Research Fellowships Funding Panel
- Charity Impact Funding Panel
- SIA Funding panel
These panels align with the BU2025 focus on research, including BU’s Research Principles. All applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with BU2025 strategy as part of the application process. BU2025. The following Principles are most relevant to the HEIF Panel:
- Principle 1 – which recognises the need to develop teams
- Principle 5 – which sets of the context for such funding panels