New mailing list for colleagues who would like to use their research and expertise to engage with and influence UK policy making.
The policy team have set up a new mailing list for academic and professional service colleagues who are interested in using their expertise or research to influence UK policy.
We are keen to share timely information and encourage participation from a wider and diverse range of colleagues. We will send out opportunities in (usually) one email per week (less regularly when Parliament isn’t sitting). This will include:
- expert calls
- specialist or committee advisor opportunities
- areas of research interest issued by the Government (topics they want to hear from you about)
- fellowship opportunities (including for PhD students)
- specialist inquiries and consultations that may be relevant to BU colleagues’ research interests
- requests for case studies
- Parliamentary Office for Science and Technology (POST) opportunities (such as POSTnotes, briefings, and reviewer opportunities)
- information relating to All-Party Parliamentary Groups and other policy organisations which BU is a member of
- internal (BU) and external training opportunities in the policy field
- top tips for small steps to get started in policy influencing
The email will cover a wide range of opportunities so colleagues should simply scan through it for the factors that are of most interest.
BU colleagues can email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to the weekly digest.