Elsevier and Jisc have established an agreement to enable continued reading access for UK researchers and to enable open access publishing. When publishing in eligible Elsevier journals, authors will be able to choose to publish open access at no additional cost to the author.
This agreement is effective until the end of December 2024.
This agreement supports corresponding authors affiliated with a Jisc participating institution (which BU is), regardless of the department in which they work.
Authors who publish under this agreement can:
- Publish their peer-reviewed research open access in hybrid journals, at no charge to the author.
- Publish their peer-reviewed research in fully gold open access journals at a discount on the list price APC.
- Publish eligible articles in a wide variety of participating Elsevier journals across disciplines.
- Rely on high-quality peer-review and experienced editorial support.
You can search for whether the intended journal falls under the agreement here.
- The author must be the submitting corresponding author affiliated with an eligible institution
- Articles must have an acceptance date between 1.1.2022 and 31.12.2024
Instructions for corresponding authors
- Once your article has been accepted for publication in a participating journal, you will receive an email containing a link to the “post-acceptance author journey”. Upon selecting your publishing options, your affiliation will be validated by your institution, and you will be informed if the APC will be covered by the agreement.
- Upon publication, your final published open access article will be made freely available on ScienceDirect, the world’s largest publishing platform.
Other open access publishing options for authors
Authors can continue to choose to publish under the subscription model and self-archive their manuscript (Green Open Access) in line with Elsevier’s sharing policy.
Details of this agreement and others which BU holds with publishers such as Wiley and Springer, can be found here. Any queries, please contact email@example.com