Are you an established research degree supervisor?
Would you like your supervisory practice acknowledged at national level and join a growing number of BU staff who have gained recognition?
Come to the Supervisory Lunchbite session on Wednesday 10 May 2023 for support about the application process!
The UK Council for Graduate Education (UKCGE) has developed the Good Supervisory Practice Framework (GSPF) and the Research Supervision Recognition Programme to allow established supervisors to gain recognition for this challenging, but rewarding, role.
- Acknowledging the Complexity of Your Role
- Identify your professional development needs
- Recognition of your expertise by a national body.
Further details and how to apply can be found here.
- Individuals to complete application form, including 2 supporting statements from a co-supervisor and a PGR.
- Individuals to submit application to the Doctoral College by Monday 19 June 2023, including email support from your Deputy Dean for Research & Professional Practice
- Doctoral College to submit applications to UKCGE by Friday 23 June 2023
- UKCGE to review application and feedback to individuals.
In line with the UKCGE guidance, individuals should send their completed application to the Doctoral College (email@example.com) before the BU Window Closing date below:
|BU Window Closes||UKCGE Window Closes||Expected Outcome|
|19 June 2023||23 June 2023||September 2023|
Book here to attend the Supervisory Lunchbite on Wednesday 10 May 2023 for support about the application process!