Apply now to showcase your research at the Royal Society’s Summer Science Exhibition next summer.
The Royal Society is looking for researchers to take part in their flagship event celebrating the cutting-edge of UK science.
Taking place in July 2023, the Exhibition provides an excellent opportunity to engage a variety of audiences with your research, including members of the public, school groups, policy makers and potential funders and fellows of the Royal Society. Each year, they welcome thousands of visitors through their doors and reach many more through national coverage on TV or in the media.
It’s a great opportunity to raise the profile of UK research and gain valuable experience communicating with diverse audience groups. The Royal Society also helps applicants every step of the way, from guidance on submitting a proposal to preparing and coordinating an exhibit.
Find out how to apply or read the case studies from previous exhibitors to find out about their experiences first-hand. The deadline for proposals is 12 September 2022.
If you have any questions about the exhibition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For help developing your proposal, please email the Public Engagement with Research team as we can offer support and advice.
At BU we promote and celebrate the work done to engage public audiences with BU research.
The public engagement with research team in Research Development and Support (RDS) can help promote your event to relevant audiences through our regular newsletter and social media channels. It also helps us to stay informed on the public engagement work being carried out by BU.
Please note: we are keen to promote BU public engagement with research activity wherever possible, but completing this form does not guarantee that we will be able to promote your event. To be considered for inclusion, your event or activity must be;
- Focused on BU research, either solely or as part of a wider programme.
- Events or activities that do not involve BU research, such as marketing or recruitment events, will not be accepted.
- Intended for and open to non-academic audiences, either entirely or as a portion of the audience.
- Submitted, at the latest, in the first two weeks of the month preceding the event.
- For example, an event taking place in June should be submitted via the form any time before 14 May. This is due to lead times on producing and sending the newsletter.
Event descriptions may be edited for consistency in style with other content. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us.
We will reshare this form once a month.