The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is holding Study Days on 17 May and 14 July at their offices in Swindon. Study Days are one-day events designed to give university researchers and administration staff an overview of the EPSRC and their peer review process.
A Study Day typically involves:
- Presentations – Introductory presentations from experienced members of EPSRC staff;
- Mock Panel – Attendees have the chance to participate in a mock prioritisation panel meeting, led by a real panel convenor;
- Pathways to Impact – An interactive session offering advice on how to complete the Pathways to Impact question on the grant application form;
- EPSRC activities and opportunities – introductory talks on Transformative Research, People Support and International Engagement
- Tips on Proposal Writing – First steps in grantsmanship.
This is an excellent opportunity for any academic staff interested in applying to the EPSRC for funding.
Study Days are free to attend. If you are interested in attending please contact Julie Northam in the first instance as the Research Development Unit will administer your booking on your behalf.
For further information please see the EPSRC Study Days webpage.