Facilitated by: Dr Colleen Harding, Head of Organisational and Staff Development, Tamsyn Dent, Post-Graduate Researcher, Media School
This session is aimed at: all staff, male and female, and will be of particular interest to those who are interested in academic mentoring for women, and who are willing to be a mentor; would like to work with a mentor; or who support staff who would like to engage in mentoring.
When: July 10th 13:00 – 16:30
Where: The Octagon
The purpose of the event is to provide an opportunity for the Women’s Academic Network to:
- Discuss the benefits of engaging in mentoring
- Find out more about how mentoring currently works at BU
- Consider some of the options available to set up an academic mentoring network that specifically supports the needs of female academics at BU
- To identify the steps that we need to take in order to set up an effective mentoring network.
By the end of the event participants will have:
- Discussed some models of coaching and mentoring, including the findings from a doctoral study on the transitional space provided by coaching and mentoring for emerging academics
- Discussed some of the research studies on mentoring relevant to women in academia
- Identified the critical steps necessary to set up a mentoring network that specifically supports the needs of female academics at BU
Register through staff development