Yesterday marked the start of the first National KTP Week. The idea behind this week is to publicise KTP to academics, business and graduates alike.
So with this in mind, I would like to take this opportunity to highlight the benefits of KTP for academics after giving a brief overview of KTP.
What is KTP?
KTP is a part-funded scheme that encourages collaboration on projects between businesses and academics. KTPs are managed by Innovate UK (formerly the Technology Strategy Board) and provide benefits to all parties involved – this scheme offers a fusion of academic and industrial collaboration supported by an associate (graduate).
How does this benefit you?
KTP has a clear pathway to impact through knowledge exchange and also is a fantastic way of bringing in income.
Key benefits of KTP are:
- Contributes to the REF
- Improve links with industrial partners
- Increases research funding
- Raise academic profile among colleagues
- Apply knowledge to an innovate and business-critical project
- Develop new teaching materials
- Potential route to further industrial collaborations
If this scheme is of interest to you and you would like to find out more, please contact Rachel Clarke, Knowledge Exchange Adviser (KTP) – firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 961347