NERC studentships can be delivered in collaboration with non-academic partners from the private, public and third/civil sectors; where studentships are delivered in collaboration they are referred to as ‘CASE studentships’. CASE studentships provide the PhD students with enhanced training opportunities by ensuring they spend between three and eighteen months in total with their CASE partner in a workplace outside the academic environment.
2015 NERC Industrial CASE Studentship Competition
This call is now open. The closing date is 16:00 Wednesday 8 July 2015.
Please see the guidance for applicants document below for full details of this call. Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- research excellence (30%)
- training excellence and multidisciplinary training environments (30%)
- collaboration and impact (20%)
- student recruitment, monitoring and management (20%)
- Please note, CASE partner financial contributions are to be paid to the lead Research Organisation to supplement the studentship and project, and will no longer be paid directly to the student.
- In most instances organisations eligible for Research Council funding cannot act as a CASE partner. This includes NERC Research Centres (BAS, BGS, CEH, NCAS, NCEO, NOC)
All proposals should include a case for support, using the ‘case for support form’, and the ‘Industrial CASE non-academic partner form’. Both forms are provided below. Applications must be submitted via the research councils’ joint electronic submission system (Je-S).
The assessment panel will meet on 17-18 November 2015. Applicants will be notified of the outcomes by the end of December 2015.
For further information, please contact NERC Studentships & Training Awards Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for this call then please contact your Funding Development Officer in the first instance.