Or, to put it another way, how do we realise the transformational impact of digital technologies on aspects of community life, cultural experiences, future society and the economy’?
- Raise awareness – interdisciplinary approaches are an integral element of research success
- Provide a space to explore ideas
- Provide a mechanism for continual peer review
- Support proposal development
- Stimulate research proposals in promising areas of research for the University
The Research Sandpit process comprises:
- Defining the scope of the issue
- Sharing understanding of the problem domain, and the expertise brought by the participants to the sandpit
- Taking part in break-out sessions focused on the problem domain, using creative and innovative thinking techniques
- Capturing the outputs in the form of a research project
To take part in this exciting opportunity, BU academic staff should complete the Sandpit Application Form and return this to Dianne Goodman by Tuesday 12th of January – please note the deadline has been extended due to the festive break. Places are strictly limited.
By applying, you agree to attend for the full duration of the event – full day 26th January and half day 27th January.
This event is part of BU’s Interdisciplinary Research Week.